Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Criteria or Why I Love My Guy

I have heard that women start out with really high standards, and as they get older, their standards get lower and lower. When I started my dating career at 14, I only looked for one thing: a guy who could make me laugh. (It was my dad who pointed out that it didn’t matter to me if I was laughing with him or at him).

After years of experience, my standards have gotten higher and higher—basically I’ve learned that no matter how hot my date is, he’s not worth waking up to without certain qualities.

Here is my latest list of criteria by order of importance (which my guy, Drongo beats hands down):

1. Positive energy
2. Extremely bright
3. Creative, but not artsy
4. Kind/not too snobby
5. Funny/Silly/Makes me laugh
6. Similar interests.

I can assess the above within a few minutes, and numbers 1 & 2 knock out a lot of people in seconds. Below sometimes takes about a half hour.

7. Free-flowing and growing (as opposed to rigid and giving up)
8. Dogmatists need not apply (incl. atheists, right wingers, devout vegetarians)
9. Works more often than not.
10. Parties often, but isn't into "getting wasted" on a daily basis.

Looks aren't on here. I got better things to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
Archives