Monday, May 16, 2005

Top Ten Things I Miss About Being a Fat Punk

Right now, I am an office worker, ok? No American would accuse me of being "skinny" but definitely "hot." I'm wearing a tight black short sleeved dress, tan fishnets, and black heels with rosettes on them. Good lord. I used to be Mrs. Avant-Punk Drummer, working nights as a ticket-taker/security/accountant for a lapdance club. I was 200lbs, and 5'4" (oh that's so horrible, right?) but you know what? I miss it!

10. Nothing to iron.
9. No mirrors
8. Doc Martens broken at the little toe.
7. Throwing on my boyfriend's clothes
6. Torn skull t-shirts
5. Folding laundry? Are you kidding?
4. Eating, drinking, drugging my fill.
3. Shallow assholes avoid you.
2. Falling asleep in front of bands at CBGB
And the thing I miss most is...
1. Integrity!

What I really don't miss was the discrimination: fat chics, esp. get a really hard time from people. Maybe people take it as a kind of rejection that some women don't care about the mating dance. Who knows?

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Sure, some people will hassle them but most of the time it's the way that fat chics act. It's too bad because I know some fat chics that are smokin' hot and super cool but at the same time I know some that could be but have a chip on their shoulder or are super-shy and because of that chip or shyness they aren't.

5/18/2005 10:35 AM  
Blogger Suki said...

Attitude is everything. But on the other hand, there is discrimination against fat people. Gwyneth Paltrow got to see it when she dressed in a fat suit for Shallow Hal.

http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/story?id=602172

I was never that big, but I live in a very thin city.

5/19/2005 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links
Archives